John Paul College is an important part of the Catholic Church’s mission. Dignity and respect for each student form the basis of learning and teaching, with the values of the Gospel integral to the faith development activities and religious education programs. The John Paul College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
At John Paul College, you will enjoy a welcoming community and team environment. We pride ourselves on great facilities, beautiful college grounds and top resources. With approximately 870 students, you will enjoy the benefits of a larger school with a small school feel. John Paul College is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Selection Criteria
All applicants need to meet the following key selection criteria:
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school and its mission
- A well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a staff member in a Catholic school
- Experience working with children
- A demonstrated understanding of child safety
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Be a suitable person to engage in child-connected work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to personal professional learning
and additionally for teachers:
- A demonstrated understanding of the Church’s teachings and the Catholic teacher’s role in the mission of the Church
- A demonstrated capacity to instil in students a respect for each other in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ
- A capacity to integrate the Church’s teachings into all aspects of curriculum
- A demonstrated knowledge of their teaching areas
- Be able to demonstrate that they are reflective practitioners
- A well-articulated vision of their pedagogical approach in the classroom
- An understanding of the challenges of teaching in a 21st century classroom
- Familiarity with legal obligations relating to child safety (e.g. mandatory reporting).
Professional Learning Coordinator
Applications are invited from committed and passionate educators for the Professional Learning Coordinator leadership position in a vibrant learning community commencing in January 2021. Click here for the role description. This ongoing teaching position is full time attracting a 0.3125 time allowance and POL3. For further information please contact Lynette Helisma, Deputy Principal on 9784 0200. Applications close Wednesday 7 October 9am.
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning
Due to increasing enrolments and student interest in the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL), the College is seeking to appoint a number of enthusiastic teachers of VCAL. The College offers VCAL Literacy, Numeracy, Personal Development Skills and Work Related Skills at the Intermediate and Senior level. Allotments will include classes in Years 7 to 12 across various learning areas suitable to the methods of the successful applicants covering the Victorian Curriculum and the Victorian Certificate of Education.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers who are qualified to teach in one or more of the following subjects.
- Religious Education
- Digital Technologies including VCE Software Development Units 3 and 4
- Food Studies
- Humanities including VCE Accounting
- Science including VCE Physics
The ability to teach Religious Education, VCE and/or in more than one learning area would be a distinct advantage. A number of full time ongoing and replacement positions will be built according to the methods of the successful applicants and the needs of the college. These positions commence on 27 January 2021 and may include a vertical pastoral care group at Middle (Years 7 to 9) level or Senior (Years 10 to 12) level.
Additionally, two fixed term maternity leave replacement positions are available in Semester One 2021 (27 January – 25 June) as follows:
- English Years 7 to 11 (FTE 0.8 to 1.0)
- Religious Education and Health Years 7 to 10 (FTE 1.0)
The College is seeking to add to its pool of Emergency Teachers for the 2021 school year. Interested teachers need to submit an Expression of Interest and a completed Application Form to the email address below. For further information contact Sam Anstey, Director of College Organisation or Anthony Bucca, Assistant College Organiser on 9784 0200.
Only applications using the Application for Employment form will be accepted. The successful applicant for teaching positions will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registrations. The successful applicants for all other positions will be subject to a Working with Children Check (as an Employee) and a National Police Record Check. A cover letter and a completed Application for Employment form should be addressed to:
- At least one form of identification e.g. current passport, driver's licence
- Original documents confirming your qualifications
- Evidence of Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration (teaching staff)
- Current Working with Children Check as an Employee and Police Record Check (non-teaching staff)
All staff at John Paul College are employed in accordance with the Victorian Catholic Education Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2018.