The JPC Parent Network Evenings began in 2016 when a JPC parent approached the College following a Cybersafety presentation. The parent was interested in creating an opportunity for the College to increase engagement with families, strengthen the community feel within JPC, develop connections with the external community and provide an opportunity for families to be involved in their child’s learning.
Since the Parent Network Evenings inception, topics have extended beyond technology use and have included a number of significant issues that affect parents and their children today.
Aim of Parent Network Evenings
- To provide a network of support for families at JPC, and an opportunity for families to learn more about parenting teenagers.
- To increase engagement between the College and families
- To strengthen the sense of community at JPC
- Develop connections with the external community and various organisations
- Support families to be more involved in their child’s learning.
Role of Parent Network Representative
- To be a spokesperson on behalf of the JPC parent community
- Source speakers and assist in the development of Parent Network evenings
- Contribute to ideas for topics
- Encourage the JPC parent community to attend
- Support the ongoing growth of the Parent Network Evening.
- Attend a meeting once a term at an agreed time
- Respond to communication, email and/or phone
- 1 year tenure starting Term 2 and finishing up in Term 1 of the following year (1 full year crossing over two calendar years)