At the request of Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS) board, our governing body, John Paul College is establishing a School Advisory Council to support the Principal and leadership team of the school.
This Council will replace many of the functions of the current College Board, which will cease at the conclusion of 2021.
No particular expertise is required except a desire to represent and give voice to the parent body in advising the principal about important matters particularly related to the school’s ongoing desire to provide the best possible education for our children.
The following are some ways the School Advisory Council supports the College and the Principal:
• Promoting the school’s Catholic ethos and culture
• Articulating and enacting the school’s vision and mission
• Promoting faith formation and development
• Capital resource planning and maintenance
• Disseminating information in accordance with the Terms of Reference
• Implementing policies as required
• Supporting and communicating school and parish matters, including the annual report
• Giving advice on issues such as enrolments, school improvement plans and enrolment trends
• Engaging in discussion about the annual budget and other financial matters
• Giving advice about the school Master Plan
Therefore we call on you to express your interest in being part of the John Paul College School Advisory Council. If you are a member of one of the College’s parishes or have children in the school, and wish to be part of this group supporting the College, we would welcome your application in writing to the Principal, Mr John Visentin by COB Friday 22 October 2021. Terms of appointment are for three (3) years.
Expressions of interest addressed to:
John Visentin, Principal
John Paul College
PO Box 3105 Frankston East VIC 3199 or